Eventually buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know
what they are going to find by getting there first. Having a pre-listing inspection
performed ahead of time helps in many other ways
1. The seller can choose a certified InterNACHI inspector rather than be at the mercy of the buyer’s choice of inspector.
2. The seller can schedule the inspections at the seller’s convenience.
3. It might alert the seller of any items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
4. The seller can assist the inspector during the inspection, something normally not done during a buyer’s inspection.
5. The seller can have the inspector correct any misstatements in the inspection report before it is generated.
6. The report can help the seller realistically price the home if problems exist.
7. The report can help the seller substantiate a higher asking price if problems don’t exist or have been corrected.
8. A seller inspection reveals problems ahead of time which:
- might make the home show better
- gives the seller time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors
- permits the seller to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report
- removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from the negotiation table
9. The report might alert the seller to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and visitors tour the home.
10. The report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion to offer to potential buyers.
11. A seller inspection permits a clean home inspection report to be used as a marketing tool.
12. A seller inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on the part of the seller.
13. The report might relieve a prospective buyer’s unfounded suspicions, before they walk away.
14. A seller inspection lightens negotiations and 11th-hour renegotiations.
15. The report might encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer’s
inspection unexpectedly reveals a problem, last minute.
17. The report provides full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
Copies of the inspection report along with receipts for any repairs should be made available to potential buyers.
Our service area includes but is not limited to:
Cinco Ranch, Cypress, Damon, Friendswood, Houston, Katy, Kingwood, Memorial, Missouri City, Montrose, Pearland, Richmond, Rosenberg, Spring, Sugarland, The Galleria, The Woodlands, Tomball, Victoria
South Texas Certified Home Inspections
TREC Professional Inspector # 9962
11114 Dawson Springs Drive * Richmond, Texas * 77406 * 832.363.7041